Children & Friends Enrichment Center's Board of Directors, Director and Teaching Staff want to thank you for choosing us to join you in nurturing your child's early development. The valley's children have been growing at Children & Friends Enrichment Center since 1979. We believe that preparing your child for school is a partnership between our center and you, the parents. You are your child's first and most important teacher and your input into your child's childcare experience is invaluable. We look forward to supporting you and providing your child with a warm and memorable child care experience.
Children & Friends Staff
Our staff are among the best in Western North Carolina. Each of them have the welfare of your child at the top of their priority list while caring for them during the day. All are trained to handle emergencies that may arise as well as to teach your child at their particular age or learning level.
Children and Friends Enrichment Center has earned a Five Star Child Care License from the State of North Carolina based upon Staff Education, Program Standards and Overall Quality. Click here to view the license.
Goals and Objectives
To provide appropriate supervision, equipment, materials, activities and opportunities for children to develop in the following areas:
- Cognitive (concepts, colors, shapes, sequencing)
- Social (sharing, group participation, problem solving)
- Gross and Fine Motor (manipulatives, puzzles, writing, cutting, running, jumping)
- Whole Language (following directions, reciting stories, using words not actions, expressing feelings, building vocabulary, using complete sentences)
- Creativity (art, music, dance, creative play)
- Self Help and Living Skills (health, nutrition, dressing, grooming, independent skills)
Our prices are based on child age as follows:
Receive a $5 discount for your second child (applied to the oldest child).
- 6 weeks - 24 months: $185 per week
- 2 years-old: $162 per week
- 3 - 5 years-old: $152 per week
- Initial / Annual registration: $60
Hours of Operation
Children and Friends Enrichment Center is open Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. All children need to be checked in daily before 10:00 a.m.
The following holidays will be observed each year:
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving (Thursday and Friday)
- Christmas (see calendar)
Be sure to check WLOS Channel 13 on days with inclement weather to see if we are closed.